I. BISSELL Privacy Statement
You do not need to provide us any information to use this website. However, you may need to provide personal information to obtain support, to purchase products through this website, submit comments, participate in discussion forums, and/or gain access to our member services (e.g. create an account or sign up for an email newsletter). It will always be your choice whether to provide BISSELL with your personal information, and when you do so, you are giving us permission to use the information to provide you with the requested services.
As a general rule, BISSELL will not sell, rent or loan your personally identifiable information to others for advertising or similar purposes. BISSELL will use the information you provide to fulfill your request, as well as enhance your relationship with BISSELL and its strategic partners. For example, if you purchase goods through this website, BISSELL will have to provide your credit card information to our credit card processor and authenticator for payment purposes, and your name and address to the company that ships our merchandise. If you sign up for our member services, BISSELL and its partners may occasionally distribute information and offers that may be of interest to you. If you would like to add your name, change your personal information, or be removed from our mailing list, please contact us at: Bissell Homecare, Inc., 2345 Walker Avenue NW, Grand Rapids, MI 49544. You may also edit your contact information on this website if you have created a profile or an account (note: not all BISSELL websites offer this capability).
BISSELL may disclose personal information in response to law enforcement activity, to enforce its contracts or property rights, or when required by law. Information we collect may also be transferred in connection with the sale or merger of the company or any division or business line of the company to which the information relates. If we hire any third-parties to perform services relating to the way the Site functions, we will require them to protect your personal information in the same way that we do.
III. Computer Tracking and Identifiable Information
The BISSELL websites use domain names (not e-mail addresses) to track user behavior within our website. This tracking data helps us determine how to upgrade and enhance our website and make it more enjoyable for our users. Because BISSELL does not trace or extract personal user information, the data that is collected is and can only be used for statistical purposes. These statistics are considered confidential and are held to the same privacy standards as personal information. Also, because we do NOT use e-mail addresses for our tracking, you can be assured we are not integrating these statistics with your personal e-mail address. As a service to our regular users, BISSELL, in conjunction with its ad management partner, DoubleClick, uses pixels or transparent GIF files that recognize specific users and their preferences by recognizing” cookies”, small text files that save you the time of having to register each time you visit our website. The information that is collected is anonymous and not personally identifiable. It does not contain your address, telephone number or email address. If you do not wish to accept cookies, the “help” section of your browser’s toolbar will likely tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting cookies, how to have the browser alert you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. If you disable cookies, however, you may not be able to take advantage of all of this website’s features.
BISSELL uses commercially reasonable means to protect the integrity of its website and the confidentiality of the personal information that you provide. For example, information that you provide to us is kept on secure servers. While we consider online security a priority, we cannot provide absolute assurances against, and will not be liable for, any breaches of confidentiality due to system failures or unauthorized access by third parties.
V. Who Should Use this Site
BISSELL intends its website for use only by individuals who are 18 years of age or older and will not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are not at least 18 years old, please do not submit any information to BISSELL websites.
Login and Password
For sites that require a user login and/or password, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your information and password. You shall be responsible for all uses of your online account, whether or not authorized by you. You agree to immediately notify BISSELL of any unauthorized use of your login or password.
Content of Submissions to BISSELL Websites
You alone are responsible for the content of your submissions to BISSELL websites, and the consequences of any such messages. BISSELL reserves the right not to post your submissions, and/or terminate your user account (on bissell.com websites that offer this service) should BISSELL become aware and determine, in its sole discretion, that you are violating any of the following guidelines.
- Only personal messages relevant to the purpose of the website are allowed, Commercial use of any BISSELL website is strictly prohibited.
- The BISSELL websites contain the intellectual property of BISSELL, including content that is protected by copyrights, trademarks and other intellectual and proprietary rights. You are allowed only to make a single personal copy of BISSELL content, for your personal use, but may not otherwise copy, reproduce, or otherwise commercially exploit BISSELL’s website content.
- By submitting content, which shall include your member name, to any “public area” of BISSELL websites, you agree and acknowledge that it will be published to all and is NOT confidential and agree and acknowledge that BISSELL and all other members shall have the right to access, display, view, store and reproduce such content without further permission.
- ANYTHING CONTAINED HEREIN TO THE CONTRARY NOTWITHSTANDING, BY SUBMITTING CONTENT TO ANY COMMENT AREAS, EXPERT AREAS, QUESTION AND ANSWER OR DISCUSSION FORUMS, SWEEPSTAKES, CONTESTS OR ANY OTHER AREA ON THE BISSELL WEBSITES, YOU HEREBY EXPRESSLY PERMIT BISSELL TO IDENTIFY YOU AS THE CONTRIBUTOR OF SUCH CONTENT IN ANY PUBLICATION IN ANY FORM, MEDIA OR TECHNOLOGY NOW KNOWN OR LATER DEVELOPED IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTENT, UNLESS YOU OTHERWISE NOTIFY THE BISSELL LEGAL DEPARTMENT IN WRITING AT THE TIME YOU SUBMIT THE CONTENT THAT YOU DO NOT WISH TO BE IDENTIFIED.
- Disclaimer of warranties:
YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF THE BISSELL WEBSITES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE BISSELL WEBSITES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. BISSELL EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- BISSELL MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THE BISSELL WEBSITES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, OR THAT THE BISSELL WEBSITES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR FREE; NOR DOES BISSELL MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE BISSELL WEBSITES. BISSELL WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR NOT, WHICH MAY RESULT FROM THE UNAVAILABILITY OR MALFUNCTION OF THE BISSELL WEBSITES.
- YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT ANY MATERIAL AND/OR DATA DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE BISSELL WEBSITES IS AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF SUCH MATERIAL AND/OR DATA.
- YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT BISSELL DOES NOT GUARANTEE THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF ANY INFORMATION IN OR PROVIDED IN CONNECTION WITH THE BISSELL WEBSITES. BISSELL IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS OR FOR THE RESULTS OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF SUCH INFORMATION. THE INFORMATION IS PROVIDED WITH THE UNDERSTANDING THAT NEITHER THE BISSELL WEBSITES NOR ITS MEMBERS, WHILE SUCH MEMBERS ARE PARTICIPATING IN THE BISSELL WEBSITES, ARE ENGAGED IN RENDERING LEGAL, MEDICAL, COUNSELING OR OTHER PROFESSIONAL SERVICES OR ADVICE. BISSELL ENCOURAGES YOU TO SEEK APPROPRIATE PROFESSIONAL ADVICE OR CARE FOR ANY SITUATION OR PROBLEM WHICH YOU MAY HAVE.
BISSELL SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED, OR ALLEGED TO HAVE BEEN CAUSED, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, BY THE INFORMATION OR IDEAS CONTAINED, SUGGESTED OR REFERENCED IN THE BISSELL WEBSITES. YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE BISSELL WEBSITES IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM THE BISSELL WEBSITES OR THROUGH BISSELL, ITS EMPLOYEES, CONSULTANTS AND/OR EXPERTS SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY MADE HEREIN.
BISSELL IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONTENT ON THE INTERNET OR WORLD WIDE WEB PAGES THAT IS CONTAINED OUTSIDE THE BISSELL WEBSITES.
- As a convenience to our members, we may provide links to resources that are beyond our control. We make no representations as to the quality, suitability, functionality or legality of any sites to which we may provide links, and you hereby waive any claim you might have against BISSELL with respect to such sites.
- Notification of Any Possible Copyright Infringement
In the event you believe that material or content published on a BISSELL websites may infringe on another's or your copyright, please provide detailed written notice of such possible infringement to General Counsel, Bissell Homecare, Inc., 2345 Walker, N.W., Grand Rapids, MI, 49544, send a detailed e-mail message to .
- Limitation of Liability
BISSELL SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, RESULTING FROM THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE BISSELL WEBSITES OR FOR THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES OR RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH THE BISSELL WEBSITES OR RESULTING FROM UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLES EVEN IF BISSELL HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
VII. Scope of Policy/Links to Other Websites
This policy applies to all BISSELL websites. From time to time, we may include on our website links to other websites. BISSELL is not responsible for the operation or collection of any information from any website operated by third parties, or the privacy practices of participants in BISSELL’s various programs.
VIII. Updating this Policy
Our business and the laws that regulate us change from time to time, and BISSELL reserves the right to change this policy. If we do change this policy, we will post the revised version on this site. BISSELL will not disclose or disseminate information received as of the time we change our policy without the express permission of the customer involved.
Questions or Comments?
We appreciate your business and respect your personal privacy.